The Lymphoma Club
Lymphoma Club | Together We Are Stronger
Register Calendar New Posts Chat

Author Comment

AliciaS

I wanted to share what has helped me with my Chemo Nausea!  After my first treatment I had NO IDEA what to expect.  I honestly thought that I would be okay with just my oral RX of the nausea pills...NOPE!  I was sick for 4-5 days, literally only being able to eat a scrambled egg and apple sauce.  It was horrible and I was SO SICK!!!

Well, I came across DoTerra Oil's and decided to give it a try.  I have had friends who use them for everything and said that PEPPERMINT OIL helps with nausea.  I was literally almost lifeless on the couch when my friend came over and rubbed the Peppermint Oil on my feet, wrists and belly button.  Within 15 minutes the nausea was subsiding and when I went to bed I applied more oil.  I woke up the next morning at 4am CRAVING FOOD!  I ate a banana, oatmeal, and toast all in one sitting.  Since then I have yet to feel nauseated with my treatments!

I hope this helps someone out there!

OH, and I have been taking Muscle Milk Protein Shakes from Costco!!!  They have been a GREAT source of Protein and that really helps with the fatigue!  They have premixed drinks, or the powder, I personally like the powder better...but I hope this can help someone out there!!!

STAY STRONG!!!  WE CAN DO THIS!!!
lymphomaclub

Super Moderator
These are great tips. I never tried peppermint oil, but I love peppermint tea. Does it have other uses?
AliciaS

Yes, peppermint oil has MANY uses and treatments!  The Essential Oil book that I have has the following listed for Peppermint Oil: 
Alertness, Antioxidant, Asthma, Autism, Bacterial Infections, Bell's Palsy, Brain Injury, Chonic Fatigue, Cold Sores, Colon Polyps, Congestion, Constipation, Cooling (body), Cramps/Charley Horses, Crohn's Disease, Diarrhea, Dysmenorrhea, Endurance, Fainting, Fever, Flu (influenza), Gamma Radiation Exposurse, Gastritis, Halitosis, Headaches, Heartburn, Heatstroke, Hernia (hiatal), Herpes Simples, Hives, Hot Flashes, Huntington's Disease, Hypothyroidism, Indigestion, Irritable Bowel Syndrom, Itching, Jet Lag, Lactation (decrease milk production), Memory, Migraines, Motion Sickness, MRSA, Multiple Sclerosis, Muschle Aches, Muscle Fatigue, Myelin Sheath, Nausea, Olfactory Loss (sense of smell), Osteoporosis, Paralysis, Rhinitis, Scabies, Sciatica, Shock, Sinusitis, Surgical Wounds, Swollen Eyes, Tennis Elbow, Throat Infection, Typhoid, Ulcer (gastric), Varicose Veins, Vomiting...

Most of thse an be applied Topically and Aromatic (diffuser), but I am really enjoying the benefits of the Peppermint Oil!  It has helped with my heartburn, headaches, nausea, constipation (rub on my abdomin), it has been amazing!!!

Frankinsense Oil has also been studied to have benefits of fighting off cancerous cells!!!  I am not a fan of the smell, so I just put it on my feet (biggest pores on our body) before I go to bed with socks on! 

I hope this helps, I have a book of what oils help with what symptoms and I am a believer!  I was thinking it was all a joke at first, but once that peppermint oild helped subside my nausea I became a believer! 

OnGuard is a blend of oils that I like to diffuse into the air and also rub on my childrens feet.  It helps to keep bacteria (colds, flu, etc) away! 
lymphomaclub

Super Moderator
That's amazing! I'll look into it. Since chemo, I have the occasion heartburn and I want to find natural and proven alternatives. Thanks for sharing 
AliciaS

Oh yes, for the heartburn I just rub some on my chest and a tiny amount under my nose (to get the smell).  I talked to my doctor about it yesterday and he said that chemo tends to relax the esophagus and causes the heart burn...lovely.  But yes, I am seriously LOVING the peppermint oil (and others).  For heartburn the book says to try Peppermint Oil, Lemon, DigestZen (a blend).  All of them are great smelling!  DigestZen smells like black licorice, but it is a great blend for digestive issues! 

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: